Not everyone feels things the same way. Those of us with depression often feel numb. Other times they feel the pain of ten knives cutting through them.
Healing Through Dance: Trauma and Depression
- Falling Upwards — I have owned my depression, and it has opened so many doors for me, and made me a better person. The goal now is to help others do the [...]
- The Dark Place — A depressive illness is not a sign of physical weakness, nor is it a condition that can be simply wished [...]
- Black Sails, White Rabbits — I was born manic‑depressive. It was only a matter of time. My fate was always to make a scene. The diagnosis was simply the last one on [...]
- Spread a Little Sunshine — My family is happier. I’m happier. Yes, this is a recovery process but I no longer see the light at the end of the tunnel as an oncoming train. For me, that light is sunshine. I don’t have to ask where is the sunshine anymore. I’m seeing it peek through the clouds and just that alone [...]
- The Mirror and the Door — No matter what I have been through I am not alone, there is hope and recovery is [...]