The pieces I have the most fun creating are the ones that I have no expectations for. This started by some random shredding and gluing of newspapers, magazines, coupons, plastic wrap, gum wrappers, and whatever else I was about to throw out. Then, I spent hours just painting layers and layers of paint, trying to obscure some of the printed text. Eventually, this face emerged. For me, this symbolized the process of finding myself – hard to find at first, but with each and every layer, applied tediously and determinedly with meticulousness and great care, my a face eventually surfaced.
I Am Myself- Art and Mental Health
- The Mirror and the Door — No matter what I have been through I am not alone, there is hope and recovery is [...]
- Climbing Back from the Brink — Welcome back Matthew, I missed [...]
- Story of My Life — I like to please people and make them happy. When in fact I need to make myself happy, because in the end it is my life and my story and I'm the [...]
- From Suicidal To Supermodel — "People tend to think of suicide as not seeing or appreciating the good in their life, but that’s not it. Usually there’s a little bit of good, a lot of bad, and no break from any of it, so suicide is about wanting to be free; free from the relentlessness of life. If you don’t like your job, you take [...]
- Schizoaffective Disorder – From... — I have schizoaffective disorder, but that is not who I am. [...]