I created this for my mother at a time when it was hard for us to have hope. For me, yoga is centering for my body, and the poses are very grounding. I painted us both in the tree asana with the quote “If we stand like trees, we can weather the storm”.
If We Stand Like Trees- Hope in Art
- Trauma and Self-Doubt — I’ve doubted myself in many ways for as long as I can remember; I just hid it pretty well most of the time. Beginning at 12, I drank and smoked. As I got older, I increased my drugs of choice to include acid and ‘shrooms, which I preferred over anything else. Two months ago, while [...]
- What Is Transcendental Meditation, An... — Below is a fascinating video in which Bob Roth explains: • What TM is • What TM is not • What happens during TM • How we know TM really works • TM’s effect on the brain • The natural tendency of the mind • What a mantra is • Where TM came from • [...]
- My Anxiety Disorder- The Best Worst T... — When I was in my early twenties, my husband had a heart attack at the age of 34. I was terrified he would die, and that I would never see him again. The truth was, from that day on, I was never going to see myself again. At least not that version of [...]
- Self Care- Filling Myself Up With Sun... — I’ve always enjoyed helping people. All throughout my teenage years, I was the friend that people could count on to listen and “say the right things”. I love being the type of person that people can depend on, but there was one thing I always forgot to do: take care of myself. I got my [...]
- What To Do With Our Suffering- Mindfu... — [...]