I completed this piece after a late night flashback night-terror from my time deployed. I’ve found that recognizing what happens to our bodies during and after flashbacks is important for our struggle. Just putting our struggle to paper, be it in writing or art, is so important.
PTSD Symptoms- Trigger
- Falling Upwards — I have owned my depression, and it has opened so many doors for me, and made me a better person. The goal now is to help others do the [...]
- Spread a Little Sunshine — My family is happier. I’m happier. Yes, this is a recovery process but I no longer see the light at the end of the tunnel as an oncoming train. For me, that light is sunshine. I don’t have to ask where is the sunshine anymore. I’m seeing it peek through the clouds and just that alone [...]
- How I Got Rid Of My Social Anxiety — I was a mess and I knew perfectly well I couldn’t take responsibility for my recovery, I couldn’t man up and take the matters into my own hands – they would slip right through them. I was a puppet and my social anxiety was pulling the [...]
- A Crow From Beyond: The Roots of True... — If you are struggling to find the right therapist for you--have you ever considered seeking out someone who has the same, spiritual beliefs as you do? If you are Catholic-- a Catholic Therapist--for example. For me--I feel this was the fundamental key that had been missing from all of my other therapy [...]
- Story of My Life — I like to please people and make them happy. When in fact I need to make myself happy, because in the end it is my life and my story and I'm the [...]