Dr. Jeffrey Schwartz is a research psychiatrist specializing in neuroplasticity- which refers to changes in neural pathways and synapses due to changes in behavior, environment, neural processes, thinking, and emotions – as well as to changes resulting from bodily injury. In this video, he presents a simple method involving 4 steps that have been proven by brain imaging to change brain chemistry without relying on psycho-pharmaceuticals.
The Four Steps Treatment Method for OCD with Dr. Jeffrey Schwartz
- Falling Upwards — I have owned my depression, and it has opened so many doors for me, and made me a better person. The goal now is to help others do the [...]
- Spread a Little Sunshine — My family is happier. I’m happier. Yes, this is a recovery process but I no longer see the light at the end of the tunnel as an oncoming train. For me, that light is sunshine. I don’t have to ask where is the sunshine anymore. I’m seeing it peek through the clouds and just that alone [...]
- How I Got Rid Of My Social Anxiety — I was a mess and I knew perfectly well I couldn’t take responsibility for my recovery, I couldn’t man up and take the matters into my own hands – they would slip right through them. I was a puppet and my social anxiety was pulling the [...]
- Story of My Life — I like to please people and make them happy. When in fact I need to make myself happy, because in the end it is my life and my story and I'm the [...]
- Not Recovered, But Still Trying — I don’t know where it comes from but I still get out of bed most days and manage to wash. Brushing my teeth in the shower helps just a tiny bit. Getting out for a walk helps a little more. Exercising with a personal trainer has got me to lose almost 20 kg in the last 6 months. I am [...]