I am a recovering alcoholic and drug addict. This original art piece depicts the horrible darkness, emotional and physical pain of my addiction. It shows how the disease not only breaks the body but shatters the mind to where we are no longer ourselves but are a slave to our addiction. But as it is being shown in my own personal life, there is HOPE! We are not bad people. We are good people with a bad disease who deserve a second chance at life!
We Do Recover
- The Mirror and the Door — No matter what I have been through I am not alone, there is hope and recovery is [...]
- Climbing Back from the Brink — Welcome back Matthew, I missed [...]
- Listen to the Cry of the Child — 'Here is a picture of the little girl you molested. You don't know who I am now but you will remember this child. The adult woman before you now is courageous & strong but I want you to remember this child as I speak to you.' [...]
- Story of My Life — I like to please people and make them happy. When in fact I need to make myself happy, because in the end it is my life and my story and I'm the [...]
- My Recovery From An Abusive Relations... — My recovery story begins when I asked for help getting out of an abusive relationship. I was dating a guy who gave no regard to me or my body. He made me have sex with him and do sexual things every time we were together. I was afraid of him. I never directly said no [...]